[SOLVED] Could not fetch signing key for OpenID Connect

Hi, I am staring in ORY/Hydra, I am trying to set up the system following this tutorial I see that there they use a docker container for the postgres database, but I currently have a remote database server executing only postgres and some databases that I am using there. I want to set up the example but using my database server, I tried to set DATABASE_URL variable poitnting to my server and also deleting this line:

--link ory-hydra-example--postgres:postgres
from all the commands that are explained in the tutorial. But, now when I type docker logs ory-hydra-example--hydra I get these lines:

time="2017-07-20T21:24:14Z" level=info msg="Connecting with postgres://*:*@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5432/hydra?sslmode=disable"
time="2017-07-20T21:24:15Z" level=info msg="Connected to SQL!"
Could not fetch signing key for OpenID Connect - did you forget to run "hydra migrate sql" or forget to set the SYSTEM_SECRET? Got error: cipher: message authentication failed

I also setted the SYSTEM_SECRET and I don’t think that is the real problem. So, anyone has this error before? how can I fix it?

Thank you very much!

Looks like you are running hydra against an existing database and are usig a wrong system secret. Try removing the database container and then regreating it. The system secret env var needs to be the same always, and always set. Dont leave it empty.

Hi sredXNY,
I ran into the same issue before. After search the source code, I found that your secret_key has to be at least size of 16. My system worked after I redo the whole exercise with a longer secret key.
Hope this helps.