Any recommended open source identity providers?

I am considering to use Hydra but I don’t have a good identity provider in mind.

I am looking for open source identity provider with at least some of:

• Good API’s
  • Open source
  • Cloud native or easy to deploy (microservice)
  • Preferably Node.js/go/python
  • Some kind of Admin-ui to manage users
  • Integrates nicely with Hydra
  • Supports email based password reset flows

I have used Keycloak in the past but I am not very satisfied on the Admin UI so I am looking for alternatives.

What are your recommendations or experiences with Identity providers with Hydra?

3 Likes

Such a product does not exist - that’s why we’re working on one! But it will take at least half a year before you’ll see a public pre-release.

3 Likes

Hi arekkas. Any updates on an Ory identity provider? We’re using Hydra and would like to swap out our IDP. Is this still a active priority and do you have a rough updated eta? Thanks so much!

Major priority, first we need to get Hydra to 1.0 though!

Any updates on a Ory identity provider?

Yes, we’re making really good progress. Source code is not public at the moment and we’re doing PoC’s with selected companies in combination with a cloud service. It will be at least 2-3 months before the source code is released under a public license. We have capacity left for about 2-3 companies in our PoC program. If you’re interested drop us a line: [email protected]

3 Likes

Hey, how is the progress? :slight_smile:

1 Like

we’re currently integrate keycloak in our infrastructure its “ok”. I found Hydra and prefere go :wink: is there any news to get a beta on the upcomming identity provider? cheers and thanks

1 Like

Sorry to bump this up.

I’ve been reading about Ory (and Gluu, and Keycloak, and 100’s others) for the past 48 hours, but I’m still not sure what is the explicitly role of an Identity Management Server - which Ory says it’s missing?

I’m looking to develop a SSO solution (our company serves an owner, that owner has employees, the employees can use multiples services by the company, and therefore should have only one login), and multiple people recommended Ory to me (and indeed looks great!). But what should I use to replace the lacking piece, Identity Management?

I saw that one of you suggested Keycloak, but I was under the impression that Keycloak could be a substitute for the whole Ory Stack? I just read/watched/finished the “Run your own OAuth2 Server” blog post, and the Identity part isn’t mentioned anywhere?

I’m sure I’m missing multiple pieces of the puzzle. Can someone extend a hand to help me out?